Indian Treaties
There will be a class coming in looking for Native American treaty information. Their professor was in here this morning showing them some of our resources and telling them to come to us with questions. So here is a refresher on some places to look:
1). Native American Information page This is our page which lists both electronic and print resources. This page will probably get you where you need to go.
2). The professor was talking about the "Kaplan" treaties, but I think I misheard her and she meant the Kappler treaty series, which was distributed via GPO, it is online at: http://digital.library.okstate.edu/kappler/index.htm or you can view the various print versions by searching Kappler, Charles Joseph 1868-1946 in Chinook.
3). Just for fun, there are quite a few treaties in the the Early American Imprints and American State Papers collections, so try a search across the collections. I put in the EXTREMELY broad search terms of "Indian treaties" and got over 10,000 results.
If anyone wants to recommend some additional sources, please post a comment to this post!
1). Native American Information page This is our page which lists both electronic and print resources. This page will probably get you where you need to go.
2). The professor was talking about the "Kaplan" treaties, but I think I misheard her and she meant the Kappler treaty series, which was distributed via GPO, it is online at: http://digital.library.okstate.edu/kappler/index.htm or you can view the various print versions by searching Kappler, Charles Joseph 1868-1946 in Chinook.
3). Just for fun, there are quite a few treaties in the the Early American Imprints and American State Papers collections, so try a search across the collections. I put in the EXTREMELY broad search terms of "Indian treaties" and got over 10,000 results.
If anyone wants to recommend some additional sources, please post a comment to this post!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home